Traffic cones are heavy duty cone-shaped markers that are placed on roads or footpaths to temporarily redirect traffic in a safe manner. They are often used to create separation or merge lanes during road construction projects or automobile accidents.
Standard Traffic Cone Uses
A common safety device, traffic cones can be seen virtually everywhere – from high danger zones like construction sites to crowded streets, and corridors and hallways. Our reflective road safety cones are extremely durable, portable, brightly colored, and a great attention catcher. Lomont’s standard heavy-duty cones these safety cones are perfect for boosting your safety measures to an even higher level. Some of the best uses for our stackable safety cones include:
- Controlling traffic flow - This is generally the most common way traffic cones are used. Standard traffic cones are easily recognizable and highly conspicuous. They also provide an immediate warning about possible road obstructions or proper lane designations.
- Mark off restricted areas – Road safety cones can also be used to temporarily block areas and establish proper boundaries. In addition, these devices are portable and stackable so you can use them as needed and put them in storage for future use when you’re done.
- Hazard warning – Reflective safety cones can provide a brief reminder to pedestrians or motorists to proceed with extra caution, especially near the road and other construction sites.
- Provide safety messages – Traffic cones offer a very cost-effective option when it comes to providing safety warnings and messages. Standard road safety cones can be used in hallways and corridors to inform people of wet floors, slippery surfaces, or closed off areas.
Contact us for more information on our standard reflective road safety cones.
Road Safety Cone Rules & Regulations
What makes a traffic cone legal for road use? There are several different regulations that must be followed for a standard traffic cone to be road use legal. The cone must comply with the regulations as follows:
- The Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) must approve the cone as a channelizing device.
- The traffic cone must be molded from shock-absorbing plastic so it is safe for cars.
- The road safety cone must meet the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) requirements for height, color, and luster.
Standard Traffic Cone Features
Lomont’s standard traffic cones are PVC Traffic Cone MUTDC Compliant. Our heavy duty road safety cones are also stackable and reflective. Our cones offer a variety of other features including:
- Injection molded PVC, MUTCD Compliant, 28" wide body traffic cone.
- Rubber base for excellent stability and anti-skid performance.
- 6" and 4" reflective collar for MUTCD complaint nighttime performance.
- Fluorescent orange color throughout for superior fade resistance.
- Ridges on the inner cone allow for easy stacking and deployment.
- Reflective collars are recessed, providing abrasion resistance and easy stacking.
- PVC and rubber formulation provides excellent all-weather performance.